Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview Bookmark Editing?

Wouldn't it be nice if we could edit bookmarks in Preview?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 9:23 AM

3 replies

Apr 10, 2014 4:28 PM in response to Rick Landsman

Although it's impossible to edit bookmarks in Preview, there is another way to create a bookmark-like for the PDF document.

What I did is:

Tools -->Annotate --> Note --> create a note on the page you want to mark. Edit the note (like give a name) --> View Menu (left up corner) --> Highlights and Notes

You will see all the notes you created on the left sidebar and the pages. It's just like the bookmark. Click the page number, it will takes you to that page.

Apr 10, 2014 5:21 PM in response to Danjie

Thank you for your reply, but I had been there and tried that; using Notes as a workaround.

even before I originally wrote my wish for the ability to edit Preview's Bookmarks.

I had already explored using Notes as a workaround for editing Bookmarks.

It is as you describe, but it was messy, like the post-it whiskers all over my iMac's chin!

I tried out Notes as faux-bookmarks.

I didn't like it compared to real Bookmarks. Bookmark editing would make a BIG difference.

Also, you confirmed for me that "it's impossible to edit bookmarks in Preview," and that was helpful and appreciated.

Preview Bookmark Editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.