Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SCX-6545N and OSX login problem

Hi guys:

I client has a problem and can't think of a solution

They got a Samsung SCX-6545N that has security enable so when you need to print, it prompts the user for his username and password (stored locally on the printer) in order to print and keep track of what area is using more ink and paper.

On windows works perfect but on Mac it doesn't even prompt the credentials, it just prints a paper that says wrong password.

This happens with the only 2 OS X available (one under Mountain Lion and the other on Mavericks).

We've installed the latest drivers from the Samsung website and nothing.

Were can i set this user and password?!

Any ideas?.

Thanks so much!

Regards.

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 10:30 AM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2015 12:22 PM in response to alucard86

Hi!...

I've called samsung and they told me that it can't be done...

I really don't think it's true but since i don't have access to the physical machine and the domain controller, there is nothing more that i can do.

If you are able to create an account for you mac and then add the mac to the domain controller, maybe you'll be able to print.

I honestly think that from a cost point of view, it would be cheaper to buy a printer hahahhah..

Let me know how it goes.

Regards.

Francisco.

SCX-6545N and OSX login problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.