Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote crashes in Mavericks?

In the middle of making a detailed, 20 something slide long keynote presentation, the program just crashes and restarts.

The lesson for the day is that if you are working in Mavericks, save, save often & save on an external hard drive.

1. I have never even had a keynote crash on a Mac before Mavericks came along. I use keynote for work, and in the past 3 years, this hasn't been a problem ever for me.

2. This computer costs over 1,400$ and now it can't be trusted to make a simple presentation. If I wanted problems like this, I would have bought a PC.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 11:01 AM

5 replies

Mar 13, 2014 5:22 AM in response to La Terre

I am running Mavericks 10.9.2 with Keynote version 6.1. Since obtaining this Mac in January the OS and Keynote has never crashed and works reliably; as do most users systems.

try this repair, if that doesnt work your system is unstable and you should clean install Mavericks.

repair tasks for Keynote 6.1 ensure you complete all the tasks and in the order shown:

1 delete all the iWork applications if you have them, not just Keynote by using Appcleanerfrom Mac Update to do this, its freeware

2 restart the Mac; Apple menu > restart

3 immediately after the start chime, press the shift key until you see the Apple symbol.

let it fully boot up, it will take longer as the OS is repairing the drive

4 when fully booted, go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility; click on the boot drive then First Aid tab and click repair disc permissions

5 when complete, restart the Mac normally

6 install Keynote from the Mac App Store

Please report back to let us know if this helped.

Keynote crashes in Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.