Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to sync devices (iPad, iPhone) iTunes doesn't recognize the device

iPad

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 1:04 PM

You have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer ?

There is some troubleshooting on these pages for when a device doesn't show in iTunes :

PC : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

Mac : pchttp://support.apple.com/kb/TS1591

6 replies

Jun 15, 2015 5:11 AM in response to King_Penguin

thank you for your reply! This is my only computer (pc laptop) and has been for a few years. i have synced to this computer multiple times. i have tried completely uninstalling itunes down to removing bonjour and i checked for third party software and its not blocking it. i cant even acess the pictures on my computer from the phone when hooked through usb. i have checked the cables and used three different ones. thank you again!

Jun 15, 2015 6:42 AM in response to oakstcustomz

Do you get any sound from the phones when you connect them to the computer, and/or any indication on them that they've connected to it e.g. do their screens come on when you connect them ?

It's been a while since I used iTunes on Windows, you might be better off starting a new thread in the iTunes For Windows forum on here : iTunes for Windows

and say that you've already gone through the troubleshooting on that page, and that it used to work on that computer (nothing has changed since you last successfully synced e.g. you haven't updated or reinstalled on the OS on the computer, and other devices are recognised by the computer's USB ports e.g external drives ?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.