Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are things disappearing from the screen?

Hi, I've been having a weird issue where things will randomly disappear from the screen. Sometimes it's a giant rectangular shaped hunk of content right in the middle of an application, particularly Safari and Adobe Illustrator- other times individual interface items simply disappear. In Illustrator zooming in and out usually brings it back. In Safari sometimes reloading the page helps, but not always, and sometimes it continues to show content from another tab or from previously visited pages in the area where content is missing. In the attached screen shot of the Photoshop interface all of the control handles and labels on the contextual tool bar have disappeared. If I can reproduce the problem in Safari or Illustrator I'll upload a screenshot of that too.

This happens regardless of which monitor the app is on, and regardless of whether another display is connected or not.

Normal:

User uploaded file

W/ Weirdness

User uploaded file

Anybody had something like this happen before? Any info would be appreciated.

I'm going to try wiping and going back to Mountain Lion because of this and another on-going issue with wifi that has yet to be resolved

MacBook Pro

Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013

Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), mid 2012, 13.3 inch

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 12:27 PM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2014 8:22 AM in response to sewercat

ok, so I didn't go back to mountain lion. I couldn't seem to locate the time machine backup for it and Apple won't let me roll back through their systems. So I'm back on a fresh install of Mavericks and the issue seems to be continuing, at least in Safari. I tried to get a screenshot but let go too early and as soon as it took the screen shot the missing block of content returned to normal.

Why are things disappearing from the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.