Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install OSX on xenserver

Hi,

I have currently Xenserver installed on my mac mini 2012.

I have Windows 2003 Server running on it. However I also want to run either OSX snow leopard server or OSX Mavericks on it.

I just cant get it to boot OSX, W2K3 works perfect, however no boot of OSX. Is there anything I need to check?

Googling doesnt show any solutions.

Thnaks,

PErry

Mac mini (Late 2012), Other OS, XenServer

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 2:06 PM

8 replies

Mar 13, 2014 2:24 PM in response to BDAqua

10.6 was imported from vmware in xenserver (on the mac mini). However it booted only once.

I removed this VM as it was not working properly.

I want to try installing any osx after 10.6, however if it doesnt work I will just reinstall mavericks and use parallels or any other virtualization in OSX.

Just really hoped to be able to work with citrix xenserver.

I also am open for any othe bare metal virtualization options on my Mac mini.

Mar 17, 2014 5:41 AM in response to Pvandersteen

It does not look like Citrix have done any work to make Mac OS X an officially supported guest operating system for Xenserver. This does not mean it is completely impossible but it does mean as you have found that your on your own.

This contrasts with both VMware ESXi which does officially support Mac guests in ESXi running on a Mac, and Parallels Server. Both do this by doing two important things, firstly enforcing Apple's license conditions which only allow this if run on real Mac hardware and secondly by emulating the extra hardware that makes a Mac a Mac rather than a PC, they only get Apple's permission to do the later by agreeing to the former.

Hint - the issue that is preventing you running OS X in Xenserver is the same as that which prevents Virtualbox from running OS X.

Ignoring technical issues the Apple licensing terms allow you to run up to two virtual Macs on a Mac and this is only for Mac OS X 10.6 Server, or OS X 10.7 Lion (client or server), or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (client or server), or OS X 10.9 Mavericks (client or server). You are not allowed to run Mac OS X 10.6 (client).

Mar 23, 2014 5:26 AM in response to Pvandersteen

Looking at all comments and Google a lot I came to the conclusion Xenserver is not the solution with OSX. Pity as I like the management tools of Xenserver, works good in parallels, better than the VMWare solution.

I reviewed my needs and came to the conclusion I only need Windows 2003 server for my old Oracle server (v10) and Windows 8 for my company's accounting tool, all other requirements can be covered with OSx.

So will now try yo install on my mac pro (mini will function as media server seperate from the company) ESXi with mavericks and windows 2003 server.

On my macbook pro I will have parallells with my accounting tool.

Now 10.7 server is running next to Windows 2003 server in the Mac Pro 4,1.

How to install OSX on xenserver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.