Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and AirPort Express drop due to Laptop PC

I have a home network running on a D-Link DIR-655 with the latest firmware (2.11NA). For some reason, my laptop will either not connect to the wireless or connect and cause my Apple TV and AirPort Express to be disconnected.

My laptop is a Dell Precision M4600 Windows 7 64 bit, wireless drivers are as up to date as I could find through Dell's website. Both the Apple devices are on the most recent firmware.

When the computer will not connect it shows a connection but says limited access, then it drops the connection and begins to reconnect. Then continues this infinite loop.

When the computer does connect, immediately my iPhone loses contact with both the Apple TV and AirPort. Never have had a problem with iPhones or iPads being disconnected when the computer is on wireless. I have tried restarting both devices, but nothing allows them to connect until the computer is off wireless.

D-Link Wireless Settings:

Enable Wireless: Always

802.11 Mode: Mixed 802.11n and 802.11g

Enable Auto Channel Scan: Yes

Transmission Rate: Best (automatic)

Channel Width: 20MHz

Visibility Status: Visible

Security Mode: WPA-Personal

WPA Mode: WPA2 Only

Cipher Type: TKIP and AES

Transmit Power: High

Beacon Period: 100

RTS Threshold: 2346

Fragmentation: 2346

DTIM Interval: 1

WLAN Partition: No

WMM Enable: Yes

Short GI: Yes

Guest Zone: No

Apple TV (2nd generation), Windows 7

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 3:49 PM

There are no replies.

Apple TV and AirPort Express drop due to Laptop PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.