Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the transition length.

I am using the newest iMovie 10.0.2 & am having difficulty changing the transition time from the default of 1.0 to 3.0. I went into Help & it said to double click on the transaction, change the transition time & hit return. 😕 Well, I did the first two things & when I hit "return" it went back to 1.0 seconds. Can any of you out there in Apple Cyberland help me with this. I have a lengthly movie to finish and another one to do in a couple weeks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 3:44 PM

6 replies

Mar 13, 2014 9:55 AM in response to mejudy

I just tried it again & before I hit "return" I clicked "to apply to all transitions, close & it worked but only on 1. So I tried to add to all the transitions & it still only applies to the one I am clicking on. I had the old iMove down pat & this is so confusing right now. I tood a class at the store but it didn't help that much.

Mar 14, 2014 4:16 AM in response to mejudy

mejudy wrote:

... None of my clips are less than 9 seconds...

When in iMovie, hit cmd-shift-3 - you'll notice a 'shutter sound effect' and a screen-grab appears on your Desktop. Post a new reply here, click on the tiny camera while writing your reply and select from your desktop this screen-grab.

Would be interesting to see, what's wrong with these stubborn clips 😁

How to change the transition length.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.