Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to pair SONY GOLD wireless headset with iPhone 4S?

I bought this amazing headset for my Play Station 4 called Sony Gold Wireless Headset and really want to pair it with my iPhone and MacBook. Any of your seriouse pairing gurus know anything bout that? much appreciated!

YEAH!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, wheres airplay? or mirroring?

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:20 PM

If the headset has been paired with the PlayStation, turn off the Play Station before trying to pair it with your iPhone or MacBook, or turn off bluetooth on the PlayStation before trying to pair it with your iPhone or MacBook.

http://www.sonymobile.com/us/support/faq/hbh-is800/hbh-is800/how-do-i-pair-the-b luetooth-headset-with-my-phone/

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2014 5:20 PM in response to eNtelligence101

If the headset has been paired with the PlayStation, turn off the Play Station before trying to pair it with your iPhone or MacBook, or turn off bluetooth on the PlayStation before trying to pair it with your iPhone or MacBook.

http://www.sonymobile.com/us/support/faq/hbh-is800/hbh-is800/how-do-i-pair-the-b luetooth-headset-with-my-phone/

Mar 13, 2014 12:10 PM in response to Allan Sampson

what do you think I am doing here, trying to get to know you? For your information I tryed Google, SONY and Youtube before posting my question here. instructions that came with the headset only refers to playstation set up and nothing else. you posted instructions for a completely wrong headset even though I gave you the correct name of the product. if you are unable to help no need to waste your time or mine with this useless junk CAPISH?!?!?

Mar 13, 2014 12:41 PM in response to TheDave413

yes it does come with the 3mm jack which is what I am using to connect with my iPhone and Mac but I think this has bluetooth capabilities and should wirelessly connect to both. In case of PS4 it connects wirelessly using a USB device that plugs into PS4 with which headsets communicates. It'll be really awkward if I have to use a cord to connect with iPhone and MAC because this is a really expensive and the newest SONY headset. Just cant locate this info anywhere on the internet unfortunately nothing on google or youtube yet because this is a brand new headset that just came out about a month ago maybe even less.

Mar 13, 2014 12:59 PM in response to eNtelligence101

That would have been good to include with your original post.

I provided instructions for pairing a Sony wireless Bluetooth headset which should not be radically different or different at all between different Sony wireless Bluetooth headset models. It makes no difference if the little lights on yours are a different color from those included with the instructions, and if yours does not include a power button, it is not a wireless Bluetooth headset.

If the packaging does not include instructions for pairing the headset via Bluetooth, more than likely it is not a Bluetooth headset. If a Bluetooth headset, it would include a power button and the instructions provided for pairing a Sony wireless Bluetooth headset would apply regardless the model, CAPISH dip-****?

Mar 14, 2014 9:22 AM in response to eNtelligence101

If it requires a USB dongle for the wireless connection, I'd bet that it's not actually Bluetooth (rather, some other wireless protocol; much like many wireless keyboards and mice require the USB dongle for their connection).

Have you actually confirmed whether it is in fact Bluetooth, such as in the User manual or Technical Specs from the manufacturer?

Aug 8, 2014 10:18 AM in response to eNtelligence101

Hi I came across your question and would have a late answer for you. For sure the headset doesn't work with the iphone, as it uses a basic wireless connection rather than bluetooth to receive the signal. But you can without any software installation or whatsoever use it with your Mac. Just plug in the USB dongle and set your speakers and/or mic to the Wireless Gold Headset. I'm not sure if also the VS works but stereo for sure.

How to pair SONY GOLD wireless headset with iPhone 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.