Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Reminders somehow got all buggy, unusable

Not sure when or how this happened, but Reminders on my Mac is totally messed up now (but it works fine on my iPhone and on the iCloud site). For one thing, the Mac version won't connect to iCloud anymore. In Settings>iCloud it won't let me check the Reminders box. When I check it, it says "setting up" for a few seconds, then it stops and unchecks itself. All the other iCloud applications work fine. It's empty of reminders, and it doesn't even have a 'reminders' list. It only has 'completed' and 'today', and it won't let me create new lists. I can create new reminders in the 'today' list, but the weird thing is it automatically sets the reminder time as today at 5pm, and it won't let me change it. Also it won't let me delete the reminder unless I first delete the text.

Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 5:03 AM

I have a similar issue, though my bugs are different.

Any time I create or update a list, all of my lists rearrange alphabetically, no matter which device I am working on (mobile, desktop, or iCloud.com)!

3 replies

Mar 14, 2014 10:12 AM in response to pkeew

In my case, my iPhone was the culprit. The iPhone had corrupted data in the iCloud servers. I had to erase my phone and set it up like new (I couldn't use my iCloud backup because of the corrupted data in the servers). This seems to have solved the issue.

I also had to delete/reset iCloud on my iPad. I can't be sure, but I'm wondering if my recent upgrade to iOS 7.1 had anything to do with this. Everything seems fine after these resets.

Props to my friend Jared who just got promoted to Genius...and he deserves it! Nailed my problem in 2 minutes...after I spent over an hour on the phone getting passed up from baffled tech to baffled senior tech. They were uber nice and really did everything they knew to help, though.

Mar 14, 2014 2:51 PM in response to oregonjoe

My situation seems to be different from those. But it seems to be back to normal now without having done anything. I think I may have restarted my computer, can't remember now, but it's possible the fix was as simple as that. I hadn't thought of trying to restart before because I assumed the problem had been going on for a long while since I hadn't used my Mac Reminders application in a long time.

Mac Reminders somehow got all buggy, unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.