Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RECIPIENT NOT RECEIVING MY TEXT MESSAGES

I am text messaging and the recipient is not receiving my text, although I am receiving her texts. This is the only person with whom I am having a texting issue. I deleted the contact and that did not work... I just reset to factory defaults and that did not work. I can send texts from other phones and the recipient receives those texts... does any one have any other ideas?

I just turned off my iMessage and it worked for this contact... please let me know if you have any suggestions so that I do not have to turn off my iMessage?

Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2016 10:03 AM

I Am having the same problem. For months I have been unable to send texts to my husband. We have not changed our phones. My friends on other networks and phones all receive my messages. It is just my husband. If I send an iMessage, it states it is a picture message and cannot be read??? I am going away for a week soon and it will be bad if I am unable to message him. Please has anyone else got any suggestions as to how to fix my problem? I have done all that is suggested in all suggestions on here to no avail.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2016 10:03 AM in response to Lorry1224

I Am having the same problem. For months I have been unable to send texts to my husband. We have not changed our phones. My friends on other networks and phones all receive my messages. It is just my husband. If I send an iMessage, it states it is a picture message and cannot be read??? I am going away for a week soon and it will be bad if I am unable to message him. Please has anyone else got any suggestions as to how to fix my problem? I have done all that is suggested in all suggestions on here to no avail.

Mar 21, 2014 5:16 PM in response to Lorry1224

I am having these same issues since upgrading to the latest IOS. When iMessage is off, SMS works with some, not with others, when iMessage is on, works withs ome, not with others. Everyone has the same phones we always had. Some are Verizon users, some are ATT users. This funtion worked, with iMessage on, if the recipient did not have iMessage, it would default to SMS. It ALWAYS worked for years until this update....now lot's of people are having this problem. It's an Apple caused problem undeniably.

Mar 12, 2014 5:03 PM in response to Lorry1224

How do you know that unless you don't have iMessage enabled?

I am text messaging and the recipient is not receiving my text, although I am receiving her texts.

If these are text messages - SMS/MMS, text messages are exchange via a carrier's cellular network only. If a text message - SMS or MMS is successfully sent, what happens to the text message after that is up to the carrier or carriers if more than one carrier is involved.

RECIPIENT NOT RECEIVING MY TEXT MESSAGES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.