Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix app removal

Help! I have a corrupt netflix app on my iPad that I need removed. How?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1, Removal of netflix app

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 5:48 PM

13 replies

Mar 12, 2014 8:23 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Nope, it will not work like that. When you delete the app ICloud saves the corrupt version and when you try to download it again it just recognizes that it is still there. I tried working it all out with the it guy at netflix and he said this is an ongoing problem with the new update on some systems. He referred me to apple to get it off. 19$ to talk with any apple tech on the phone. Somebody must know a fix for this.

Mar 12, 2014 8:23 PM in response to Johhnruok2

Tap and hold on the app until it jiggles and displays an X. Then tap the X. That removes the app from your iPad and deletes all data from that app.

When you visit the App Store and search for Netflix you will see a Cloud icon. This means you have downloaded the app previously but it is not presently on your iPad. If you want to download the app again tap the Coud icon. Otherwise leave it alone.

Mar 13, 2014 11:03 AM in response to Johhnruok2

I just don't know what you're problem could be as Netflix is running quite well on all our devices under iOS 7.1

What I would recommend you do, is restore your device, via iTunes on your computer. Here is a link that will help you: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

You can then either manually re-add your apps, etc., or you can set up from backup.

Mar 13, 2014 11:23 AM in response to Johhnruok2

Try this:

1. Delete teh Netflix app as described above
  2. Reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.
  3. Re-download the app from the app store

Netflix app removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.