Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime pop-up asking for Apple ID password every reboot but FaceTime loads fine when I click on the app itself

Each time I reboot my Macbook Air there is a FaceTime pop-up asking for the password to my Apple ID account/email address.

When I open FaceTime, it does not prompt me for the password.

I have not typed the password into the pop-up because I'm worried this could be a phishing attempt.

I've used FaceTime only once or twice on my new Macbook Air, and there was never a pop-up back then. The pop-up only started appearing in the past month.

I'm worried as to why this pop-up appears, why I can load FaceTime without actually having to enter a password, and why the pop-up won't go away on start up?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 6:56 PM

3 replies

Mar 29, 2014 8:00 PM in response to nataliafromMA

Please help me. I need an answer to this. Weirder things keep happening to me. For instance, someone tried to log into my facebook from a random spot in Boston. Now I received a notice from the DTA that I am employed at some random place in a town way too far away for me to work, and is demanding paystubs from me or my SNAPS will be cancelled. Please help. I don't know if these are connected but it's freaking me out.

Apr 7, 2014 8:02 AM in response to nataliafromMA

For what itis worth, I got the same pop up message right after I updated to the latest OS - 10.9.2, where there were some FaceTime enhancements. I had never used FT on my Mac before, so my assumption is that it was prompting me to configure the app on that device based on the new OS updates. It did catch me a little off guard, but I put in my Apple ID password and everything has worked fine since.

FaceTime pop-up asking for Apple ID password every reboot but FaceTime loads fine when I click on the app itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.