4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 8:52 AM by Diavonex
KatherineB0429 Level 1 (0 points)

This iPad had iOS 4.3.3 and I wanted to update it to the most recent software, 7.1.  The first thing I did was I backed it up to my computer so I would be able to restore all of the photos and data after I had updated.  At first, I tryed just clicking Update.  It kept failing with error 9006.  Then, I tryed the Restore and Update.  This timed out even though it seemed to be moving alone just fine.  The last thing I tried was to wipe the iPad and then update it.  This worked.  When it came up on my computer, it asked if I wanted to restore from a backup.  I said yes and selected the backup that I made.  It said Restoring.  Afterwards, it took me through the normal process that you would go through to set up a new iPad.  at the end of the setup, it asked if I would like to set it up as a new iPad, or restore from a backup.  ????????  I tried to restore from backup and it started and endless loop of restoring and setting up, and restoring again.  I eventually selected to set up as a new iPad.  I cannot firgure out how to get the pictures back onto the iPad from the backup if the restore won't work.  I was wondering if it is possible to find the picture files on my computer??? Does anybody have any suggestions or ran into the same problem???

FYI: I was a bit disapointed to learn that the online support chat now costs $20

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.1