Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my time capsule doesnt recognize modem signal... why?

Hello!

My new Time Capsule doenst recognize my Motorola SBV5121 modem. I've tried to use airport utility from my IPad but it couldnt find the Time Capsule... Anybody know why? Help me please!

Thank you 😀

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 9:23 PM

Did you power cycle the cable modem for at least 15min off time and if that wasn't enough try 30min. Cable setup always needs the modem power cycled for a new device to capture the public IP.

As far as actually connecting to the TC setup, reset TC to factory and try again. It should show up in the ipad airport utility.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2014 9:23 PM in response to victor_bigorna

Did you power cycle the cable modem for at least 15min off time and if that wasn't enough try 30min. Cable setup always needs the modem power cycled for a new device to capture the public IP.

As far as actually connecting to the TC setup, reset TC to factory and try again. It should show up in the ipad airport utility.

my time capsule doesnt recognize modem signal... why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.