Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my windows keep defaulting to a List view that I have to adjust just to see columns other than name

This occurs both in Finder and in Application modal dialog boxes working with files.

I am constantly (and I mean constantly) reducing the width of the name field in windows in List view so that the name column doesn't use the entire available width of the containing window. I've tried using the View Options (Cmd "J") in Finder and clicking on "Use as Defaults" button but this seems to save only the items within the options window not any window editable states like column width.

I return to same folders all the time and have to change this every freaking time.

It's worse within application dialogs because they default to an even narrower file viewer window than my Finder windows tend to be.

Just one more of my many Mavericks issues. :-\

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Wacom tablet, Dell 27" U2713HM,

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 12:05 AM

1 reply

Why do my windows keep defaulting to a List view that I have to adjust just to see columns other than name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.