Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF tickets not going to Passbook.

Hi, so I have an iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 and I bought a few tickets for the movies which have been sent to me as a PDFs. When I click on the link to open in Passbook it just opens up the ticket in a tab in Safari. Then when I press the rectangle/arrow feature to copy/message/mail it etc it allows me to open with iBooks which is fine but isn't the purpose of Passbook for situations such as these? I mean the email specifically has a link to open in Passbook but why doesn't it?

Thanks in advance,

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 9:17 AM

It will never open in passbook because it's a PDF. They willopen in iBooks or Safari.

4 replies

Mar 4, 2015 12:00 AM in response to alexfromperth

Old thread, but I had the same problem.

Moshtix passbook support really doesn't work well - all the passbook links they supply just redirect to a PDF for me as well.

In my case I suspect the following limitation is what's causing it, from the Moshtix website:

Passbook is currently only supported for orders with a single barcode eg if you have 1 ticket for a single entry or 1 ticket for multiple entries but not for multiple tickets.

As I had 2 tickets on the one booking their system just redirects all Passbook requests to the PDF instead

PDF tickets not going to Passbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.