Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I highlight a text from Word or Safari?/ dragging items.

I have a Macbook Pro, bought in 2009. Normally, I would be able to use the track pad to highlight, copy and paste an item, but I have not been able to highlight anything with the trackpad. I am still able to double tap a phrase, highlight a selected phrase, and then copy and paste the phrase. I also just found out that I am able to double tap where the courser is located, double tap, and select a phrase I want to copy and paste, but I would still like to use the Track pad.

In addition, I have not been able to drag and drop items to different folders, along with having two separate windows open and dragging and dropping items. I have recently enabled the "Dragging" and "Drag lock" options, but can only drag and drop items, not folders.

How would I fix this problem or would I have to take it into the Apple Store? I would like to avoid the latter, but it might be inevitable. Thank you!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 1:31 AM

3 replies

How do I highlight a text from Word or Safari?/ dragging items.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.