Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Common question but, i have a 2012 macbook pro which is running very slow.

I dont have multipule apps/programs running at the same time so it cant be that, my hard drive still has 400gb spare on it, I'm constantly cleaning my memory with Memory keeper, which does help but surely thats not what i have to do all the time. I notice on other peoples macbooks that they have alot more apps in there dock or in launchpad yet they dont have have the speed issues i have. I've retsored the macbook back to factory settings alot as this seems to be the only to get it back up to speed but thats a real pain.

Any help will be appricated but PLEASE explain it in simple terms as im no expert and when people start saying to run commands, type into terminal etc. it just confuses me and therefore will be no help to me.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 3:27 AM

Do not Add so called Cleaning Apps of any kind. More than likely that Memory Keeper you have installed is part if not all of your problem with your Slow Mac.

If that app is Really MacKeeper it is basically Malware and should be removed ASAP by following the instructions for uninstalling found on the Mackeeper website and or from other tutorials on remove that Malware.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2014 3:27 AM in response to depechedaz

Do not Add so called Cleaning Apps of any kind. More than likely that Memory Keeper you have installed is part if not all of your problem with your Slow Mac.

If that app is Really MacKeeper it is basically Malware and should be removed ASAP by following the instructions for uninstalling found on the Mackeeper website and or from other tutorials on remove that Malware.

Common question but, i have a 2012 macbook pro which is running very slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.