Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7.1 battery life

I recently upgraded my iPhone 5C to iOS 7.1 and my battery life has dropped dramatically. The upgrade to iOS 7.0 and beyond had no ill effects to my usually stellar battery life of this phone.

Anybody else suffer the same consequences of the upgrade?

I have done all the things published in the battery life articles out there. I am about to wipe it clean and do a fresh install in self defense.

I'm so disappointed! I used to be so proud of my battery life.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2014 7:53 AM

Yes, I have noticed a significant decline in my battery life as well following the update. I use almost the lowest brightness setting, close all my apps as I finish with them, and still finding significant battery depletion, even when my phone is on sleep mode. I was very happy when I was recently upgraded to the 5s when my 5 broke, but this new software update is killing the use of the phone. Will this be addressed?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2014 7:53 AM in response to TulsaSteve

Yes, I have noticed a significant decline in my battery life as well following the update. I use almost the lowest brightness setting, close all my apps as I finish with them, and still finding significant battery depletion, even when my phone is on sleep mode. I was very happy when I was recently upgraded to the 5s when my 5 broke, but this new software update is killing the use of the phone. Will this be addressed?

IOS 7.1 battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.