Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn't stocks app, weather app, and calculater app on the iPad mini, or all iPads

Why isn't stocks app, weather app, and calculater app on the iPad mini, or all iPads

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 8:02 AM

20 replies

Mar 13, 2014 8:06 AM in response to Paulo325is

Cause apple didn't want it on there.

Going by other differences, the fact that the phones have more apps than the iPads, such as passbook, different camera features, etc, one can persume that Apple sees the uses for the phones to differ from the uses for the iPads, so feels different apps are needed.

There are third party apps out there, some of which may be better than the bundled ones, some may not, Kinda a personal decision on those.

Mar 13, 2014 8:16 AM in response to Paulo325is

The apps are exclusive to iPhone and iPod touch because they're intended to be used that way.

On iPad the apps for stocks, weather, calculator, etc. are not available but the content of each app can still be accessed through Siri or notification center or apps you can get from the app store. For example: you can get a simple weather status by accessing the notification center or asking Siri. Stocks and calculator you can only access through Siri. There are a lot of decent apps in the App Store (that are free) which fulfills the functions of the apps you mentioned. Like Stocktouch for stocks, Yahoo weather app, and a ton of calculator ones.

Jul 11, 2014 7:02 AM in response to garism16

garism16 wrote:

Was wondering about this too..Wondering why Weather App is still in the Location Service user but the app is not on your iPad(Mini). 😮

That question was answered by Skydiver back in May: because Apple didn't chose to include it. There are hundreds of weather apps available in the App Store. Yahoo (from whom Apple currently gets their weather information) makes a very nice weather app.

Jul 11, 2014 7:11 AM in response to AppleMan001

AppleMan001 wrote:

Apple will no longer be getting their weather information from Yahoo, instead they will just get it from The Weather Channel.

Yes, I'm aware of that which is why I used the word "currently". But, it will continue to do so until iOS 8 is released. For what it's worth, Yahoo actually gets their data from The Weather Channel. But, final sources aside, the Yahoo Weather app is also quite beautiful.

May 31, 2015 7:33 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Apple partially includes the stocks app on the iPad. Just say "Hey Siri, what are my stocks doing?" on your iPad and see. Sadly, the non-answers above of "Apple chose not to include it" are obtuse and do not fly. I don't want Siri to tell me what NASDAQ, NYSE, DOW J, AAPL, SBUX, NKE and YHOO (the default stocks) are doing...I want *my* stocks in there - and modifying the default portfolio via the stocks app is how it's done...on an iPhone. However, on the iPad, it looks like the app is still there, with the interface removed.

May 31, 2015 10:28 AM in response to M.T.Field

M.T.Field wrote:

Sadly, the non-answers above of "Apple chose not to include it" are obtuse and do not fly.

An answer cannot be "obtuse". A person listening to the answer can be.

ob·tuse

adjective

1. annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand. “he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"

The fact is that Apple didn't include those apps and no one here is privy to the exact reason.

Submit your feedback to Apple requesting such a feature here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.