Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Author and widgets

Hello,

I am working on a children's book with interactive elements. I've created each page as a widget using Hype and imported them into iBooks Author. Everything is working the way I want it with one exception. I don't know how to correct it. Maybe someone can help.

When I insert the widget page and preview it, I have to click on the page and a second one pops up with all the animation and interaction. Then I click on a box in the upper left corner that says done and it goes back. Is there a way to eliminate this second pop-up and have the animation start when the page loads?

I have tried to create multiple pages in Hype and saving them as a widget but I cannot get this to install into iBook Author.

Any one else doing a children's book than can give me some help?

Thank you.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), i just purchased my MAC

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 7:34 AM

3 replies

Mar 13, 2014 7:59 PM in response to catonpub

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your problem, but the widgets are working as designed, i.e., widgets are designed to run full-screen and provide interactive elements. Widgets are supposed to be supplementary to the text, not replacements for it.

If you are attempting to mimic something like The Beatles' Yellow Submarine, where every page is animated, you will have to use interactive ePub. (I don't know of any apps that can help you create that since I haven't had to do it, but I'm sure someone else may be able to help.)

iBook Author and widgets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.