Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 / iOS 7.1 / homescreen / disable parallax doesn't work

Recently I upgraded to iOS 7.1 on my iPhone 5. I am now be able to deactivate the parallax effect for homescreen and/or lockscreen while keeping all other motion features on (Reduce Motion = off).

My problem is, that it doesn't work for the homescreen while it works fine with lockscreen.

My setup:

Reduce motion = off

Homescreen parallax = off

lockscreen parallax = off

This has the following results:

• no parallax at lockscreen
  • all fancy animation are shown
  • BUT parallax effect at homescreen is still present, ignoring Homescreen parallax = off

If i activate "reduce motion", parallax effect on homescreen is off.

Additionally, the parallax effect on homescreen is running wild at times. Then the screen never stops moving around.

I've tried rebooting, setting different wallpapers (dynamic,non-dynamic)

Anyone having the same trouble?

Anyone with a solution?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 8:09 AM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2014 3:06 PM in response to micdeahip

I am also having this same problem. It seems as though parallax is merely reduced on the home screen with these new settings, not eliminated.

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but I'm getting sick and tired of this s**t with Apple. I have been buying their products for nearly fifteen years now, pre-iPod and iPhone, mainly because I used to be under the impression that I could avoid these kinds of problems with Apple. Sadly, this is becoming the norm for the "New Apple." I don't know if it's a result of Jobs' passing, new management, or what, but much of this is unacceptable.

My iPhone has never been so buggy as it is with iOS7, and many of the GUI changes in iOS7 look like total crap IMO. The higher-ups at Apple clearly decided that the new Windows phone GUI is cooler, and more or less tried to copy it. Fine, so be it. What really irks me is the entirely unecessary little changes; the new shift button on the in the 7.1 update is confusing as all ****. Why change the old one?!!? It worked and looked great. This new one seems backwards almost. Similarly, though less functionally annoying, did Apple need to change the "X" symbols in the notification center?! These changes remind me of Facebook's monthly GUI updates; they change the look things simply for the sake of changing them, providing no improved functionality or ease of usability. Sad.

iPhone 5 / iOS 7.1 / homescreen / disable parallax doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.