Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7th generation possessed??

My iPod nano 7th generation keeps turning on and off until the battery is completely drained! I've never dropped it in water and I kept really good care of it. Please help!!

iPod nano

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 8:52 AM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2014 6:35 PM in response to airolggnail

I got a 7th gen ipod nano in December. Everything has been fine until yesterday, with a full charge on it, it just turned off. It woudn't power up for anything. I took to Apple Store, person said to restore it. So, I'm giving that a try. Odd, however, it had a full battery when it died yesterday. When plugging into iTunes today, it showed dead.

Oct 3, 2015 11:44 AM in response to airolggnail

Hi, I wanted to post a solution that I found for a problem I have been having with my iPod Nano 7th generation turning on and off repeatedly.

I use a Macbook Air 10.10.5 Yosemite.

It worked fine until I synced it with some new updated playlists that I made. When the sync would finish, the iPod would just keep turning off and on.

Resetting the iPod or Restoring the iPod in iTunes did not solve the problem.

I went to disc utility, erased the iPod and then restored the iPod in iTunes. This fixed the problem.

But when I tried syncing with my music and podcasts, the problem recurred.

So I started again, erased the iPod on disc utility, restored it in iTunes and then one by one added first my podcasts and then

my music playlists, one by one. When I added the Smart Playlist that I had just created that brought in all songs that are "hearted", that's what

crashed my iPod. If I left off the Smart Playlist, the iPod worked perfectly with all my other music and podcasts. The problem of turning off and on repeatedly completely resolved.

Try unchecking your Smart Playlists or going one by one through your Playlists to see if you have the same luck.

Best, Martha

iPod nano 7th generation possessed??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.