Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast dissapeared and cannot submit it anymore

Hi,

Our Podcast dissapeared from iTunes and we cannot submit it anymore but people that were subscribed are still getting updates.

Name of Podcast : Soccer Sans Frontieres

Feed : http://www.choq.ca/emissions/soccersansfrontieres/rss

Thanks

Sofiane

sofiane.benzaza@gmail.com

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 9:30 AM

As I cannot find it by searching it would appear that your podcast has been removed from the Store. Subscribers are accessing your feed directly - the Store is not involved once they have subscribed - which is why they are continuing to see it.

There appear to be no technical problems with the feed. Other possible reasons for removal (and I'm not accusing you of any of these) include strong or sexual language when the 'explicit' tag is not set to 'yes', or at any time in titles, subtitles or summaries; unacceptable sexual content; misuse of Apple's trademarks; and breach of copyright.

Most of these would seem inapplicable; I haven't listened to any of it and wouldn't know anyway if there were swearing.

If you don't have any of these issues it might even have been removed in error - not common, but not unheard of either. You could try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and asking why it was removed, though I can't promise you will get a helpful answer.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2014 9:30 AM in response to benzaza

As I cannot find it by searching it would appear that your podcast has been removed from the Store. Subscribers are accessing your feed directly - the Store is not involved once they have subscribed - which is why they are continuing to see it.

There appear to be no technical problems with the feed. Other possible reasons for removal (and I'm not accusing you of any of these) include strong or sexual language when the 'explicit' tag is not set to 'yes', or at any time in titles, subtitles or summaries; unacceptable sexual content; misuse of Apple's trademarks; and breach of copyright.

Most of these would seem inapplicable; I haven't listened to any of it and wouldn't know anyway if there were swearing.

If you don't have any of these issues it might even have been removed in error - not common, but not unheard of either. You could try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and asking why it was removed, though I can't promise you will get a helpful answer.

Mar 13, 2014 10:01 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

THank you Roger.

I will do that and see what they say.

The feed was changed (link and such) by the host but the show was still searchable. I saw that the iTunes picture for the show was not there (on the CMS of the show) so I added a new one and hopefully, it will trigger something.

By any chance, do you have a trick to track iTunes traffic? on how to change the rss feed to do so?

Merci :-)

Mar 13, 2014 10:19 AM in response to benzaza

If the podcast has been removed from the Store no amount of tampering with the feed will make any difference. You will have either to persuade them to reinstate it, or re-submit it from scratch as a new podcast (you will need to change the title and of course your subscribers would lose contact with the new feed, though this can be got round - ask here if you need to do this).

The Store does not provide tracking information (it can't even if it wanted to since it is not hosting your episode media files). Apple provide some notes on the subject:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html#tracking

Mar 14, 2014 6:24 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thx Roger.

I am waiting for Itunes support to give me some kind of answer.

I am totally depressed about this and I dont understand why. If only I could re-submit it, but itunes wont even let me due to taht 404 error.

you said you had a workaround not to lose current subscribers if we resubmit it? I cant change much of the feed, I am not the owner of the server, feeds etc..

Thx

Mar 14, 2014 9:08 AM in response to benzaza

benzaza wrote:

...but itunes wont even let me due to taht 404 error.

What 404 error? That error is 'file not found' but the feed at

http://www.choq.ca/emissions/soccersansfrontieres/rss

appears to be OK. I assume this is the feed you originally submitted to iTunes?

If you decide to change the feed to a different URL in order to re-submit it you will need to add a special tag to the old feed so that subscribers will be redirected to the new feed. The method is described here:

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/podcast.html#move

Podcast dissapeared and cannot submit it anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.