Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

faulty IOS7.1 upload, phone requires passcode to open, but will not accept passcode

I installed IOS 7.1, but lost connection to the server in the process. My phone is now in limbo. It appeared to upload the new system, but IT help says its still showing IOS 6.3. As such, it is asking me for a passcode but it will not accept my passcode, and IT is clueless how to help. It appears I have to have my phone completely wiped and reactivated. If anyone out ther ehas a better idea, it would be welcom.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1, stuck between IOS 6.3 and 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 9:25 AM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2014 2:46 PM in response to matt00

thanks. Verizon helped me figure out how to get past the passcode problem. iTunes would not restore because I did not have the right passcode, so the trick was to hit the on and menu buttons simultaneous with plugging my i-Phone into my laptop (took some practice) - which triggered i-Tunes to identify that I was trying to do a restore. Fortunately, I had backed up everything before I stated the upgrade to iOS 7.1; and i-Tunes then let me restore and set a new passcode.

faulty IOS7.1 upload, phone requires passcode to open, but will not accept passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.