Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match streaming with gaps between songs since ios7.1 update

Hi - I foolishly made the mistake of installing the 7.1 update on all my ios devices yesterday morning! Since then when I stream music from iTunes Match I get a gap between each track. Not a problem when listening to studio albums but a total nightmare when it comes to listening to live concert recordings, of which I have many.

My iMac seems to be unaffected and streams live music seamlessly but all three ios devices have this same problem. If I download the recording to the device it plays seamlessly but that rather defeats the aim of having all my music in the cloud without the need to store it on a device. I have been in touch with Apple who don't have any answers but seem to think the update may have changed the way ios now interacts with iTunes Match. They are looking in to it and will come back to me.

Have been through multiple reboots and iTunes Match re-installs etc without any joy. I have also had the same problem when trying to stream over a cellular network and another wireless network.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'd welcome any help or suggestions...thanks.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 10:17 AM

103 replies

Mar 16, 2014 2:14 AM in response to rayworth15

I also found this post in the 'iTunes for Windows' forum so it would certainly seem to be an issue with the IOS7.1 update. When/if I get a response from Apple I will post it here.

Stehohrhase

Mar 15, 2014 1:35 PM

Since the Update to IOS7.1 Gapless is broke.

Playback from ITunes match, local Audiofiles or privat release has now 3 seconds pause.

Is there a solution or is this a bug ?

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Mar 18, 2014 1:34 PM in response to rayworth15

Hi,

Yes I had this issue. My resolve that worked for me was to delete the local version of album and then download the matched version. It then added a copy of the gapless album.

So problems are the album has to be matched for this to work.

Not ideal, but got John Grants, 'Pale Green Ghosts' (best album, everrrrrr) to play properly without gaps.

Mar 18, 2014 5:05 PM in response to cos constantinou

Hi Cos

Thanks for your post. I don't have any problems playing an album back without gaps if I've downloaded it from iTunes Match. The problem is it is no longer possible to stream a recording from iTunes Match without gaps between tracks on iOS devices running 7.1. This was not a problem before the update. Downloading everything is simply not an option for me - I have a large library and too many live recordings to fit them all on my iOS devices. Streaming recordings from iTunes Match was the perfect solution before Apple launched 7.1.

I have contacted Apple again today and they have indicated they will respond in the next 24 hours. I will post details of any response I get from them here.

Thanks to all who have responded so far - Apple have the link to this thread which I understand has been passed on to the engineers, however at present they are saying this is not an 'emerging issue'.

Mar 18, 2014 7:20 PM in response to rayworth15

It is a major issue even for studio recordings. I never had this big a gap between songs during playback. As you note, it completely devalues the product and it is seriously aggravating me considering the amount of time it took to put all my music into the cloud.

BTW, I also sent this thread to the level 2 tech I spoke to.

Has anyone contacted MacRumors about this?

Mar 18, 2014 11:39 PM in response to rayworth15

Hi,

Sorry I wasn't clear. Some (not all) of my albums have developed gaps. I delete the copy off my iMac then redownload it there-not my iDevice. Then, when I stream that album (say on iPhone),the gaps are gone (was there bofore). Can't explain why and as I said-the album has to be matched as I need the iTunes version on my iMac (not iDevice).

Ttry it on a few albums-it may or may not work for you.

iTunes Match streaming with gaps between songs since ios7.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.