Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant reinstall mavricks.

I macbook pro wasnt booting up so I earased the HD and am now in recovery. Im trying to reinstal mavricks and it says you need an internet connection which I have via ethernet. But everytime I try to install mavricks it just keeps saying I need an internet connection. But I have one it even says that I'm connect via ethernet in the network configuration window.

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 9:49 AM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2014 12:31 PM in response to ajwerth

Your best bet would be to create a mavericks boot with a USB drive, if you have access to another mac you will need to have the mavericks DMG file downloadable from the app store and i used a programme called lion diskmaker x which creates the USB in the correct format.

http://liondiskmaker.com/

Whilst booting hold the option/alt key and select to boot from the USB drive you just created and it should take you step by step through a clean installation of mavericks.

Hope this helps

Cant reinstall mavricks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.