Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Can't update my keynote to the newest version.

This morning I have updated my computer to the Mavericks Operationalk System (10.9.2). I have bought the Productivity package (iWork) back in 2008 and now its says that the update "is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

And even if I would like to BUY a new version, the App store only shows the UPDATE button. Doesn't even show the price.

That is happening with the Keynote, Numbers and Pages.

What should I do?

iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 10:08 AM

9 replies

Mar 13, 2014 10:33 AM in response to Kappy

That is so weird! I have the box here and everything... I have the Keynote '09 version 5.3 (1170).

How come it's not licenced to me? That can't be. I paid for it. Maybe i have never registered online but I did buy it...

And again, it couldn't have been purchased on someone elses ID... I bought it physicaly at the store back in 2008.

It does not show on my purchased list online though...Could that be the problem then? I need to register that online or something...?

Mar 13, 2014 11:09 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Oh...OK...That helped a lot! 🙂 BUT hasn't solved my problem...

I'm willing to purchase the new version since I bought the 09 version many years ago, but, at the Mac App Store , when I look up Keynote to BUY it, it only shows the Update button. THAT confuses me... 😟

Could it be because it understands that I have the Keynote '09 and it COULD be updated? Is there any "trick" to buy it?

I Can't update my keynote to the newest version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.