Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri isn't working after updating to iOS 7.1?

After updating to iOS 7.1, my Siri is no longer working. When I talk to it, the small line which fluxuates only moves slightly and I have to move the phone directly to my mouth for it to hear what I'm saying. To check it was just Siri, I called another phone and created a voice memo and they sounded perfect.

I'm not sure if its iOS 7.1, but is anyone else getting this problem? I'm using an iPhone 5 by the way!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Siri is not working after update??

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 11:16 AM

45 replies

Mar 13, 2014 12:56 PM in response to ZakMoon

Tuesday, I updated my Ipad Air to 7.1 and the samething happened Zacmoon happened to me. Siri quit working. Siri keeps sayting, sorry about this, but I can't take any requests right now. Also, dictation quit working as well. I tried the Hold power and home button at the same time reset method and that did not help. Tried turning the airport button on and off and that did not help. I had no problen befor the 7.1 update with Siri. One more thing, I called Apple support and talked to Conor. He said he would check with Apple about an issues with Siri and would call me back in five minutes. I never heard back from him. Iam really ****** off!

Mar 14, 2014 11:53 AM in response to ZakMoon

I am from Romania and I have same problem like you guys with iPhone 5S , Siri is not working in 7.1 !

I try everything what I find here and nothing ! in Wi-Fi it's working very well , this is my problem is not working just in 3G mobile network on Vodafone ! Safari it's working on Internet with very good connectivity .

I don't understand what is going on , if somebody can help me please I don't want to change this phone but ,

think i will !

thank you everyone and good luck !

Apr 11, 2014 10:42 PM in response to jennifer95341

Hey! Just joined this community cause I was having all the same problems with Siri, tried all the fixes suggested and nothing worked. Went from saying it couldn't help me right now, to weird replies then no voice at all. Finally I tried switching the voice from male back to female and switched the other settings back and forth (Voice feedback and Raise to speak). Voila! Siri was back! Won't work on the male voice still but at least it's working! I think it's a glitch with the male voice setting.

Apr 15, 2014 9:02 PM in response to ZakMoon

Maybe theres something wrong with your siri im on iPhone5s and it works fine maybe you changed a setting or two on your phone if not then connect it to your computer and restore it but first do a backup to save everything then when restore has finished it will say choose from backup or start as new phone choose backup if you want your contacts and stuff back. And that should fix your siri! Like if it helped :)

Siri isn't working after updating to iOS 7.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.