Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Disable Personal Hotspot" iOS 7 MDM feature?

Hi,

I noticed later last year, around September and October, that the feature to hard restrict creating a Personal Hotspot was advertised for iOS 7. I even saw it on some Apple developer documents:

http://devstreaming.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2013/300xdx2xem8o4pmrhvraq9ty76/300/30 0.pdf (see page 24, NOT a confidential document anymore)

I now see that there is not even a Configuration Profile key for this feature.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/featuredarticles/iPhoneConfigurationProf ileRef/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010206-CH1-SW4

Was this feature removed from the iOS 7 MDM feature set?

Is there any way to accomplish this anymore?

(Our carrier - AT&T, absolutely refuses to disable this feature or even look into it, I get a passing dismissal from their CS and Tech Support. They say "its part of the package, sorry cant turn it off")

Are there any plans to make this feature set available in future MDM releases?

This is a critical feature for us and I am wondering what our options are, thank you!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 11:03 AM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2015 7:50 AM in response to mhoward84

This is still an issue with Apple Configurator and this question has never received a response.

This was advertised as a feature and is not in the product. This was posted more than a year ago and I downloaded the newest version today that support iOS 8 and the feature is still not in there.

Can one of the engineers please give some insight into this feature and the status of it being included in Configurator as I am very interested in managing who can use hotspotting as it is the cause of a lot of high data overage bills.

"Disable Personal Hotspot" iOS 7 MDM feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.