Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can we revert to the old larger phone keypad buttons in iOS 7.1?

Since we updated to iOS 7.1, my wife has had trouble using the phone keypad buttons accurately. She has shaky hands, and the buttons are just small enough now that when she tries to push a button there is a 50% chance she will misdial.

That problem happened before with another update, but there was a way to revert back, but now we can't figure out how to do it. I have tried various settings in the ACCESSIBILITY menu, and so far nothing has done the trick.

Below are pictures of the new buttons and the old buttons.

If anyone has any advice, we would appreciate it. Thank you.

NEW BUTTONS:

User uploaded file

OLD BUTTONS:

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 11:48 AM

7 replies

Mar 13, 2014 8:51 PM in response to TheDave413

But didn't a similar design update happen in a previous iOS? But we had the option to revert to the old dialer?

I know this seems ridiculous, but I already can't remember what my phone dialer looked like pre iOS 7.1, but my wife claims it was not the "OLD BUTTONS" I have posted above. She says that she had that only after we changed something in her settings.

Mar 17, 2014 4:58 PM in response to rooneydog

I agree! The updates to the phone appliction in the new iOS 7.1 are terrible!! What did they do!? The iPhone is a "Phone"!!! and they totally broke the key feature that made the iPhone so usable in the first place. Boo Apple! If I wanted to poke at the screen in very specific places to make a call I would buy a Blackberry. Ugh! They should at least give you the option to go back to the "classic" mode for the 100 million of us who liked the old interface.

Can we revert to the old larger phone keypad buttons in iOS 7.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.