Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot print part of a spreadsheet with Numbers!?

So, do I have this right: I cannot print a section of spreadsheet? For example, I need to print rows 1912 - 1933 as a PDF to email? Can it be done by selecting this section? The spread sheet is thin, only four columns wide.

I’ve ended up selecting the section, copying it to a blank spread sheet, printing the whole “new” spreadsheet, and deleting the new spreadsheet.

That can’t be right.

I have the Numbers 3.1 on a brand new (2 weeks old) Mavericks Macbook Pro.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 12:40 PM

There apparently is no way to selectively print a subset of a sheet. Suggestions from this forum are to either copy the section to a new sheet and print that or copy the section and print via the Preview app by selecting File > New from Clipboard.

2 replies

Mar 13, 2014 1:48 PM in response to Feast of Pikes

Is there any way you can break up your spreadsheet into smaller tables? If you're printing just rows 1912-1933 perhaps they deserve their own table anyway. As you may have discovered, Numbers documents typically are designed around smaller, interrelated tables on a canvas, as opposed to other spreadsheets such as Excel, where often everything is in one big sheet.

SG

Cannot print part of a spreadsheet with Numbers!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.