Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone plays music that was not added to the phone.

I am using a 4s and it seems that ever since the release of iOS 7 my phone plays music that I have not selected to add through iTunes. For example, while syncing on iTunes, I click on the "On This Phone" feature and search the music for say Enya, and get no results. When I'm playing my music on shuffle, sure enough Enya comes up. I have deleted all my playlist that would sync to my iPhone, and have been left to manually add each individual Artist/Album through the iPhone sync page, but still the unwanted music comes up. I feel I should mention that I recently did a restore on my phone and it got rid of a large number of the songs - I had less than 1GB left in my storage, and after the restore it brought it up to about 4GB free. Any help or advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 2:49 PM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2014 4:07 PM in response to Palmster

I figured I would give an update as the problem persists. It seems that the music is being added to my phone gradually. When I originally created this discussion, I had about 4GB of free space on my phone. Today, a little over a month later I had 2GB of free space with no new apps installed. I did a restore again and it is back to 4.64GB free. Any help in this frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Apr 23, 2014 4:43 PM in response to Palmster

Palmster wrote:

I figured I would give an update as the problem persists. It seems that the music is being added to my phone gradually. When I originally created this discussion, I had about 4GB of free space on my phone. Today, a little over a month later I had 2GB of free space with no new apps installed. I did a restore again and it is back to 4.64GB free. Any help in this frustrating issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Your text messages, e-mail, etc take up space as well.

iPhone plays music that was not added to the phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.