Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to fix error 1723 when syncing my iPad or iPhone to iTunes on my mac?

Hi there..both my iphone and ipad go into a long loop then stop with "unknown error 1723" when i try to sync photos with my mac....i can't find anything on google....please can anyone help?

iMac, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 10:12 AM

Hello there, FrednGinge.

Some have seen resolution of your error message by following the steps for "Check USB connections" from the very article you were referred to us from:

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Check USB connections

If there’s an issue with the USB port, cable, dock, or hub, or if the device becomes disconnected during restore, try troubleshooting the USB connection, then troubleshooting your security software.

To narrow down the issue, you can also change up your hardware:

• Use another USB cable.
  • Plug your cable into a different USB port on your computer.
  • Try a different dock connector (or no dock).
  • Add (or remove) a USB hub between your device and computer.
  • Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, with no routers, hubs, or switches.

If you checked your connections and are still seeing the error message, check for hardware issues.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2014 10:12 AM in response to FrednGinge

Hello there, FrednGinge.

Some have seen resolution of your error message by following the steps for "Check USB connections" from the very article you were referred to us from:

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3694

Check USB connections

If there’s an issue with the USB port, cable, dock, or hub, or if the device becomes disconnected during restore, try troubleshooting the USB connection, then troubleshooting your security software.

To narrow down the issue, you can also change up your hardware:

• Use another USB cable.
  • Plug your cable into a different USB port on your computer.
  • Try a different dock connector (or no dock).
  • Add (or remove) a USB hub between your device and computer.
  • Connect your computer directly to your Internet source, with no routers, hubs, or switches.

If you checked your connections and are still seeing the error message, check for hardware issues.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

May 16, 2014 11:49 AM in response to FrednGinge

I've had this same problem, and after several tries I finally solved it. It seems to be related with a corruption of the iPhoto Library:

1.- Quit iTunes.

2.- Open Finder, and go to wherever your iPhoto library is stored (usually ~/Pictures).

3.- Right-click on the iPhoto Library and select "Show package contents"

4.- Delete the "iPod Photo Cache" folder

5.- Close the finder window

6.- Open iPhoto. It might take some time for it to reload the library, but it's ok.

7.- When iPhoto finishes loading the library and you can browse your photos, close iPhoto

8.- Open iTunes, goto your device's Photo tab, and make shure the Sync photos option is UNCHECKED

9.- Sync your device

10.- After the sync finishes, CHECK the sync photo option. It will ask if the photos already in the device should be overwritten. I anserwered yes

11.- Select which photos, events, albums or faces you want to sync,

12.- Sync your device again, and it should do it, including your photos

Hope this helps.

Does anyone know how to fix error 1723 when syncing my iPad or iPhone to iTunes on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.