Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7G syncs music but doesn't show up on iPod

So I just bought a new iPod nano 7G from the Apple Store at the mall. But after I hook it up to my computer I try to sync music to my new iPod by selecting the tracks I want to add. I click sync and watch it go as the progress bar shows that tracks are being added. After the sync completes and I disconnect my iPod, I click on "Music" on my iPod and all it says is "No Music" and "You can sync music from iTunes." However, the music was definitely added because if I go into "My Computer" and click on the drive associated with my iPod nano, I can find that there are mp3 files added to the iPod. So long story short, my iPod is having music added to it, but it doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

Here are things that I've tried:

1) Restoring the iPod and trying to sync it again --> failed

2) Uninstalling and then re-installing iTunes --> failed

3) Thinking there may be a virus or something on my computer, I ran all my anti-viral and anti-malware scans on full-scan modes --> failed

4) Still thinking there could be some sneaky virus, I re-formatted my entire computer, re-installed iTunes --> failed

4) Going to the Apple Store and exchanging my seemingly defective iPod nano for a new one --> failed (same thing is happening with the new one)

FYI, I'm running Windows 7 on a PC. Also, syncs to my iPad Air and iPhone 5C have been totally fine throughout this mess. So it seems like it's just a problem syncing with my iPod nano.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

iPod nano

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 6:17 PM

1 reply

iPod nano 7G syncs music but doesn't show up on iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.