Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Apple ID has been changed on my iPad but the apps won't update with the new id and password, including the apps that came with the iPad so I can't delete and reinstall with new Apple ID

What do you do if you have bought a used iPad and the apps won't update without the original id and password. Can't delete the apps that come with the iPad and reinstall them so what do I do?

iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 5:54 PM

Correct. An app can only be updated under the Apple ID that was used to orginally acquire the app. If that is a problem you can delete the app and download again under the new userid. If you paid for the app you will have to pay again. Your old Apple ID does not go away so there is no reason to not use it to download the apps.

You cannot delete the apps that came with IOS. If you want to "hide" the apps simply put the apps into an application folder by dragging one app onto another. You can do this to all the IOS apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2014 5:54 PM in response to Km2257

Correct. An app can only be updated under the Apple ID that was used to orginally acquire the app. If that is a problem you can delete the app and download again under the new userid. If you paid for the app you will have to pay again. Your old Apple ID does not go away so there is no reason to not use it to download the apps.

You cannot delete the apps that came with IOS. If you want to "hide" the apps simply put the apps into an application folder by dragging one app onto another. You can do this to all the IOS apps.

The Apple ID has been changed on my iPad but the apps won't update with the new id and password, including the apps that came with the iPad so I can't delete and reinstall with new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.