Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guided access unavailable.please contact your administrator

How do I get a sign that says... Guided access app unavailable. Please contact your administrator. Off my screen

iPad, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 6:38 PM

11 replies

Mar 2, 2016 9:52 AM in response to Demo

Hi there,

I'm having this problem right now on my iPad. The message showing "Guided Access app unavailabl. Please contact your administrator." is on my screen. It won't let me open any apps, slide to other pages on my home screen, or shut it off. The only thing I am able to do is power it down by holding down the power button and home button. I never tried to turn guided access on in my settings... I was just in an app on my iPad when I got the message and was unable to do anything. Please help!!!!!

Jan 9, 2018 3:30 AM in response to Cesar155

Hi, I have same problem and thankfully I manage to restore it. You don't need to do factory reset. All you have to do is log in to your icloud account > lost phone > lost mode > put your new 6 digit codes and confirm.

Go to your phone/IPad then put your new 6 digit codes.

I hope this may help you guys!

If you have any concerned you can hit me and email.

Mar 13, 2014 6:42 PM in response to Cesar155

If you have a company iPad, it might have a profile on it that prevents you from using certain settings, like the Accessiblity settings.

if you are saying that the dialog box has frozen the screen try a reset.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Mar 26, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Cesar155

Had a similar problem. I remotely turned on guided access, but some of the iPads did not have the app that was suppose to load on.

Here is how I was able to fix it.

1. In your Mobile Management system tell the iPad to repair.

2. On the device turn on guided access, even though you turned it on it didn't seem to work.

3. Reset the iPad, holding both sleep and home button.

4. I waited a few minutes and turned it back on and I was set.

This worked on the two devices that I have tried it on. The first I completely removed the device from the management system, but did not need to do that because the second time I only repaired the iPad.

Aug 13, 2017 2:40 PM in response to apple.user.1243

I'm having the same problem, the dialogbox opens during start up and it freezes everything. I keep using the home & start buttons over & over. It won't do anything else. Any ideas?

Guided access unavailable.please contact your administrator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.