Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use a text tone downloaded from iTunes and it only works as ringtone

Hi

I downloaded a text tone about a year ago from the iTunes store and it worked good, a few months later I decided to change it to a different one. After downloading iOS 7 I noticed that my ringtones and text tones downloaded from the iTunes store dissapeared. I asked for support from Apple and they just made them available again remotely, so I could download my text tone again. The problem is that after syncronizing my iPhone today I downloaded that text tone but now it shows up in the ring tones menu and not the text tones. When I go to Settings > Sounds > Ring tone it shows up but when I go to Text tone and scroll down to the ring tone part it does not appear. That's a text tone not a ring tone. Is there anything I can do to drag it to the text tones available?

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2014 6:58 PM

There are no replies.

Can't use a text tone downloaded from iTunes and it only works as ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.