Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manual Import of AVCHD movie files? (STREAM folder is not there?)

How come when I tried to import manually from the SD card itself I cannot find the STREAM folder that usually holds all the individual movie files? Instead, the one thing I can open is (I'm not sure what you call it) this shortcut (?) type symbol that was a white piece of paper with a quicktime sort of symbol on it labeled AVCHD. However, even though clicking the shortcut allows me to view my videos, I cannot import it as individual movie files into my external hard drive.

In the past, I've done imports with iphotos and even imovies, but doing it that way actually saves it into my internal hard drive and I don't want that. I'd like to just export from the SD card to my external hard drive directly. However, the other folders that were under "PRIVATE" like MOV-SHOT and PANA_GRP are completely empty. Usually there is a STREAM folder but now there isn't and i'm not sure what to do next :/ ...

I don't want it taking up internal space so please help me ~ and thank you in advance.

I have attached a screenshot of what the the shortcut that I have looks like and the other 2 folders on there are completely empty.

User uploaded file

Also, the rest of the folders only hold images (the other PANA folders that isn't in the PRIVATE folder which is where you are currently looking at)

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 1:13 AM

I import them in Windows, which shows the separate files. Here's a work around for OSX.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20120801145830468

2 replies

Manual Import of AVCHD movie files? (STREAM folder is not there?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.