Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing the new iOS 7.1, my iPad will no longer mirror when I received an income Facetime call.

Updated Ipad with new iOS 7.1 and Appple TV to the last software version.

I use facetime for work and I use it every day. Before updating to 7.1, I could mirror to my Apple TV whenever I wanted, before and after the incoming call. Now with the new update, I´m only able to mirror before the call. Once someone is calling me, the mirror button dissapeared.

User uploaded file Able to mirror before an incoming call.User uploaded file If I answer the incoming call, there is no longer the option to mirror.

I believe this could be a bug of the new iOS update.

Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jorge

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 2:20 AM

19 replies

Mar 16, 2014 8:46 AM in response to Jorgesuarez90

I am having the same problem. Brand new iPhone 5s, updated to iOS 7.1. AirPlay mirroring will work but it stops when I try to FaceTime. I had the same problem at my parents' house last night with their iPad 2. Apple TV and the iPad both had complete updates. Spent two hours on the line with customer service last night (PS - Ron was very nice and tried to help but it was no use).

On two different iOS devices and two different Apple TV units, I can only conclude this is an iOS 7.1 bug. Glad my ipad with retina is still running iOS 6 because this is a major problem.

Mar 18, 2014 12:50 PM in response to Rick Whitman

Rick:

In response to your comment, I can't even fix it that way. If I have Airplay initiated before the Facetime call, the Airplay mirroring stops, and the Apple TV goes back to the home screen.

I know people who got the iPad and the Apple TV almost exclusively for Facetime chats with family members far away. This is totally ruining their enjoyment of the Apple products.

After installing the new iOS 7.1, my iPad will no longer mirror when I received an income Facetime call.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.