Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is apple going to release a fix for iphone4 ?

Does anyone know if Apple is going to find a fix for the slow iphone 4 issues ? Or are we forced to an iphone 5 upgrade, in which case most I suspect will move to Andriod as holding people up to ransom is not ideal.

Yes I have been through all the fixes as most people, but it is laggy, slower than before and impossible to use depending on how you were using your iphone before the upgrade.

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 5:40 AM

10 replies

Mar 14, 2014 5:56 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

TJB - You probaly are the only one that is not experiencing any issues, or you may be not be using any capability on your iphone, hence you have no issues. Given the number of posters out there with issues, I suspect you are in the minority.

Ideally ability to either downgrade without hacking the phone or an alternative release would be much better. No doubt apples share price will take an impact on this at some point given the large number of unhappy users.

Mar 14, 2014 5:59 AM in response to iphone4isslow

People come here because they are having problems, not to report that it's working fine for them. You are the one in the minority.

Restore it as a new device using iTunes. Do NOT restore your backup. Test it. If it works fine, it's not a problem with the phone. Restore your backup. If the problem comes back, then your backup is corrupt. Restore it as new again and re-install your apps from scratch instead of restoring your backup.

If restoring it as new with iTunes, try one more time with it in DFU mode. If that still doesn't fix it, make an appointment at the genius bar.

Mar 14, 2014 6:06 AM in response to iphone4isslow

iphone4isslow wrote:

TJB - You probaly are the only one that is not experiencing any issues, or you may be not be using any capability on your iphone, hence you have no issues. Given the number of posters out there with issues, I suspect you are in the minority.

Ideally ability to either downgrade without hacking the phone or an alternative release would be much better. No doubt apples share price will take an impact on this at some point given the large number of unhappy users.

No, the people posting here are the minority. Apple has millions of users of iPhone 4 with iOS 7. Very, very few of them have any problems.

And I use my iPhone 4 for a lot of things, and I'd suspect for more intensive tasks than the average user. Since June of last year, I've been using iOS 7 with no issues.

And as far as Apple's shares? Stock price is up about 70 points since the day prior to iOS 7's public release in September.

Mar 14, 2014 6:07 AM in response to iphone4isslow

I have experienced performance glitches with more than 1 iphone 4 freshly restored/upgraded to iOS 7 and IMHO iOS 7 should never have been offered to iphone 4 customers but I understand apple had an obligation to make iOS 7 available for iphone 4 users as they were still selling iphone 4 handsets right up to the release of iOS 7 I wouldn't recommend downgrading as a first solution if I didn't think it was warranted but the link AmishCake posted seems to explain its now a non issue and they have fixed the glitches so I might try updating again

Is apple going to release a fix for iphone4 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.