Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded apps stuck on "Waiting..." due to songs in iTunes?

I've been sifting through the support discussions on this topic for some time now. I recently backed up and restored my phone to clear some of the "Other" storage, which was taking up more than 4GB of my tiny iPhone so I could update to iOS 7.1. In so doing, I opened a can of worms.

A lot of my downloaded apps are stuck on "Waiting..." though I can still use them if I type their names into the App Store and open them that way. That's inconvenient, and I'd rather not be stuck having to do that.

After reading through the discussions on this topic, I traced what I believe to be the problem to several waiting songs in the iTunes app. These songs won't download because they are registered under other Apple IDs (old friends). I have no interest in these old songs and would like them removed, but I can't tell my iPhone to not download them. It just prompts me for an Apple ID password that isn't mine.

How do I convince the iTunes app to stop attempting to download these songs? I tried swiping left or right to delete them, but that hasn't worked. I seem incapable of interacting with them in any way that doesn't immediately prompt me for a password.

I've backed up, restored, and given my iPhone a few hard resets. Nothing has worked. I've also gone into settings and disabled that "Show All Music" thing, but I haven't backed it up and restored since then.

Any suggestions? I'd really rather not have to set it up as a "new phone."

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 10:02 AM

Going into Settings - General - Usage, deleting each "Waiting..." app individually, and then redownloading them through the App Store seems to have solved the problem.

I still have a queue of old music in iTunes that I'd rather not trifle with, but at least now I have easy access to my apps.

1 reply

Downloaded apps stuck on "Waiting..." due to songs in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.