Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer my android to my iPhone 5c?

I need to transfer just music, videos, and pictures. I need step by step instructions on how

iPhone 5c, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 7:07 AM

10 replies

Mar 14, 2014 7:49 AM in response to PrincessCori

I made the trip from an Android with one cell carrier to iPhone with a new cell carrier. Then back to an android phone again.

Here is what you need to do.

Contacts: if you don't have a gmail, get one for this purpose. Open a gmail account, use a computer to get full control.

From your old android phone, in the contacts menu, use "share contacts" or " share name card". It should pop up the option apps, use the gmail app to send the contact list to you new gmail account.

Open the email on the iPhone and tap the option to download attachment . You can open and download on a computer first and Merge to resolve duplicates if you want to, then email final list to your new iPhone.

Photo and video.

You have options.

1. Transfer to computer. Add to iTunes and sync. You cannot remove these unless you un-sync them. They will be saved in your computer, in iTunes.

2. Move and store online. Download the free DropBox app to old phone, plug in to power, it can take a while to load your camera roll to Dropbox. While the old phone is uploading your photos, add Dropbox to iPhone and computer.

Dropbox offers 5 GB free. If that isn't enough, Box for IOS offers 10 GB free, and will work on android also. These apps will also move notes and documents off the old phone.

Music is different. Was the music purchased? If purchased, you can legally add it to iTunes and sync onto your iPhone.

If you bought with Amazon. http://www.ehow.com/how_6801092_music-itunes-amazon.html

Most purchased music can be added easily.

Music downloads are another story.

I use a download program on my Galaxy S3. I found there was no way to move the downloads from the phone. I had to download again on my note 3

I could sync with iTunes also, but this was easier than using Kies air, which I never did master

(picture me embarrassed )

Any other questions come up, just holler back..

Oct 21, 2014 8:29 PM in response to PrincessCori

You can do it with iTunes.

1. Mount your Android phone on computer with a USB cable. After detected, your Android phone will be connected.

Note: If you're using a Mac, you can use Android File transfer, a freeware to open the SD card of your Android phone.

2. Go to find your Android phone and open it. Dy default, music, videos and photos are saved in the folders named Music, Videos, DCIM, Photos and others you created by yourself.

3. Copy these music, video and photos to your computer. You can create Music, Video and Photo folder to save them.

4. Run iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone 5c to computer.

5. After detected, your iPhone 5c will appears under DEVICES in the leftside bar of iTunes. Click your iPhone 5c to bring up your iPhone control panel on the right.

6. Click Photos tab and tick Sync Photos from and choose the photo folder on your computer. Go to the lower left corner and click Apply.

7. To transfer music and video, you need to import them to your iTunes library at first. Go to the upper left corner of iTunes and click Music or Movie tab, and click Files > Add Folder to Library... or Add File to Library... to import music and videos to corresponding category.

8. Then, on the right iPhone control panel, click Music or Movie tab. Tick Sync Music and tick Entire music library or selected playlists as you like and go to the lower right corner and click Apply.

9. Follow the same way to sync Android movies to your iPhone 5c.

For more details, Move content from your Android phone to iPhone

How do I transfer my android to my iPhone 5c?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.