Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Major Emergency Warning Issue

I'm in Japan and there was an earthquake here last night. Really freaked me out.

Right away I got an Emergency Alert on my phone. But it was all in Japanese.

The issue is I was unable to copy and paste it into a translation service... what if there was a tsunami coming?

After 10 minutes I found the japanese USGS equivalent and their english page put me at ease.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 7:37 AM

10 replies

Mar 14, 2014 6:38 PM in response to sibenik

Been there. Done that. Camp Fuji. 1983. An earthquake hit someplace about 25 miles or so from the base. All we knew was that we were sitting on the side of an active volcano that was spitting out smoke and it suddenly started shaking... We were pretty convinced we were doomed at the time. Didn't help that I was still hung over, as were most of the guys in my squad. A Quonset hut is not a fun place to be when the ground starts to shake, by the way...

Major Emergency Warning Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.