Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls going straight to answer phone on iPhone5!

The past few months when people have called me they haven't been able to get through as my phone goes straight to voicemail. I always have signal and the phone doesn't even ring or seem to register that someone has called me.

I have no notifications of missed calls and this happens every day.

I never use Do Not Disturb so it has nothing to do with that function.

I have spoken to my provider and they say it's not their issue and they have had loads of people coming in to ask about the same thing. I also know other iphone users on different networks who also have this problem.

It's distrubting my work and this really need to get sorted.

HELP?!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 8:51 AM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2014 9:13 AM in response to BecWaters3008

Things to check

Is it very cold? We find the iPhone fails in temps below 20 degrees F

Is your battery very low? Also a cold response, but it effects speakers and and calls also.

Is the mute switch on the side of your phone on?

Is do not disturb on?

In settings for your carrier, is call forward or blocking enabled?

Last, try a hard reboot of your phone. Hold the power and home buttons until your phone turns off then on again. Then release.

Mar 14, 2014 9:21 AM in response to lizdance40

Hiya

My battery is always above 50% and it's not cold.

The mute switch isn't on and even if phone was on silent it should still notify me of calls if unanswered, but its not that i'm not answering them it's that the phone fails to actually ring meaning i dont know anyone is calling.

Do not disturb is not on.

Carrier settings are all normal with nothing forwarded or blocked.

I've reset loads of times.

It's driving me insane haha. I've seen loads of threads with people asking this question and all suggestions don't seem to be the answer. thanks for trying to help x

Calls going straight to answer phone on iPhone5!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.