Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nvidia GeForce GT 120 and Mac Pro 1.1

Hello

I have GT 120 that works OK in my Mac Pro 3.1. but it will not work in my Mac Pro 1.1, which I hope to sell, although a HD 5770 works OK in both. Any reason for this and can it be overcome. My prime interest is Final Cut Pro (where I shall post a similar message) so how much of an advantage to me is the 5770 over the 120.

Thanks

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 9:22 AM

The GT120 only works in Macs with 64-bit EFI (2008 and later) It was first introduced in the Mac Pro 4,1 2009 model.

It is not a good candidate for use with serious graphics programs.

4 replies

Mar 14, 2014 9:43 AM in response to Roy Bradshaw

The 5770 is far superior in performance over the GT 120, especially for Final Cut Pro X.

You could veen add antoher 5770 to get a big speed boost in FCPX and other Pro Apps, but you'll need OS X 10.9 Mavericks and FCPX 10.1. It's really a big performance gain.

Also, what the previous poster said is also very true.

Nvidia GeForce GT 120 and Mac Pro 1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.