Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to personal hotspot ios 7.1 iphone 4

i have a problem after upgrade my iphone 4 to ios 7.1 that can't save apn personal hotspot...

how to fix it? please tell me, fyi i bought my iphone 4 without bundling carrier network.

thx

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1, personal hotspot apn not working

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 9:29 AM

5 replies

Mar 16, 2014 10:47 AM in response to andreas4417

Hey andreas4417,

Thanks for the question. I understand that you are experiencing issues with Personal Hotspot since upgrading to iOS 7.1. The following resource may provide a solution:

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2756

Basic troubleshooting

1. See if your iOS device, computer, and wireless plan all meet the system requirements for Personal Hotspot.

2. Make sure Personal Hotspot is on: Tap Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.

3. Check the Internet connection on your iOS device: Tap Safari and load a new webpage.

4. If one connection type doesn't work, try another. For example, instead of connecting using Wi-Fi, use USB or Bluetooth.

5. Turn Personal Hotspot off and on: Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.

6. Install the latest version of iOS.

7. Reset your network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

8. If you still see the issue, restore the iPhone.

If you're still experiencing issues, try the steps below. […]

Thanks,

Matt M.

cannot connect to personal hotspot ios 7.1 iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.