1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 16, 2014 6:37 AM by griff w
 i-guru Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

i cant seem to get new thumbnails from iphoto to imovie please help

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • griff w Level 4 Level 4 (3,455 points)

Hi there i-guru,

You may find the information at the website below helpful.

iMovie Help

http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0/#mov865570171

Add a photo from your iPhoto or Aperture library

• In the Libraries list, select your iPhoto or Aperture library.
    • Do any of the following:
      • To browse albums: Choose Albums from the pop-up menu at the top of the browser, and then scroll through the thumbnails of the photos in the selected album.
      • To browse events: Choose Events from the pop-up menu at the top of the browser, and then scroll through the thumbnails of the photos in the selected event.
        Events appear only in your iPhoto library.
      • To browse faces: Choose Faces from the pop-up menu at the top of the browser, and then scroll through the thumbnails of the photos in the selected event.
      • To browse projects: Choose Projects from the pop-up menu at the top of the browser, and then scroll through the thumbnails of the photos in the selected project.
        Projects only appear in your Aperture library.
      • To find a photo by its filename or keywords: Use the search field at the top of the browser.
    • Select the photo you want to use to see a preview in the viewer.
    • Do one of the following:
      • To insert the photo: Drag it to the timeline between clips or between a clip and a transition.
        As you drag, a blue box appears in the timeline, indicating where the photo will appear in the timeline.
      • To replace a clip with the photo: Drag the photo on top of a clip in the timeline.
        As you drag, a white border appears around the clip in the timeline. When you release the mouse button, choose Replace from the menu that appears. The photo replaces the clip in the timeline.

-Griff W.