Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get USB 3.0 devices to work under BOOTCAMP Windows 7

Hello everyone,

I just installed Windows 7 (64 bit Professional) on my Late 2013 rMBP on which OSX 10.9.2 is running. I did so using my Transcend Jetflash (USB 3.0 device) as bootable disk created with bootcamp assistant. Once installed windows i couldn't see the usb flash drive anymore which is quite strange since I installed from there.

I couldnt use wifi either. I thought well I might have to install the support software provided from apple to get things working but i couldn't do that since I was not seeing the flash drive.

First thing I did was a restart. But that was no good; because now i got stuck at the login screen with neither trackpad nor keyboard working.

Then I launched windows from VMware Fusion 6, which I installed on my Mac and there I could use my trackpad and keyboard. I insalled the support software (after further issues) and got internet working and also USB 2.0 devices seemed to work. Even my USB 3.0 drive would work on a USB 2.0 hub.

I tried to install the "Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Drive" driver but i get an error: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software" which i cant really believe.

What I want to achieve:

1. Prio: Get USB 3.0 to work under windows launched in VMware because i need the performance to run large applications from my flash drive.

2. Prio: Get windows also to work when directly booted into its partition. (Using the option key at the beginnig)

I d be happy for any suggestion how to solve this problem.

And sorry for my english its not my native language still hope you understand me 😝

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 1:12 PM

2 replies

Get USB 3.0 devices to work under BOOTCAMP Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.